Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Thanks For Lighting a Firecracker Under Me!

Before I get buried in the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge, I'd like to thank the artist that inspired me to stick my neck out and join this challenge: 

Carol McIntyre

You can find Carol's website Here, and her Facebook site Here. 

Carol shares many free tips (she is also an art teacher) on her blog Here. If you love color and would like to learn more, Carol REALLY knows color, and offers a video course called Acrylic Color Mixing Made Easy. 

During the last 3//30 Challenge, I followed along as Carol participated in the challenge, and was so taken by her delightful paintings, that I robbed my piggy bank and bought one I had fallen in love with. 

Here it is hanging my studio, the beautiful painting in the upper left corner. It is titled "Tools of Joy".

(can click on pic to enlarge to see
Carol's painting in upper left corner)

I've been wanting to do this Challenge for awhile now, but allowed others to talk me out of it by reminding me of all the reasons why I wouldn't be able to do it. I let that rob me of belief in myself. But no more! :-)

Thank you, Carol, for lighting a fire under me, and giving me the inspiration to try this Challenge!


Happy painting,


Retta

2 comments:

  1. Boy, I have 56 paintings scheduled for next year... 30 in 30 would probably do me in! Good luck! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kyra. It's my first time joining this Challenge, so we'll see how it goes.
      I like that you pre-plan your number of paintings. I think I need to adopt that goal oriented approach.

      Delete