Saturday, April 22, 2006

Poetry! by KEB

My sister, Karen, has a wonderful gift with words. Sometimes essays, perhaps a song, other times poetry. At times deep and thought provoking...other times hilarious! Here, for our amusement, is her poem to kick off the 2006 "Pawsing for Art" fundraiser, and the cat statue I am painting for C.A.T.S. (Committed Alliance To Strays).

She didn't tell me the title of the poem, so I have dubbed it......

"Little Cat, Standing Tall" ;-)


Kitty, Kitty standing tall
You don't look so good at all...
When you start you look so 'blah'
No pictures on you...head to paw

But then I see you start to sprout
Tiny pictures on your snout
Here a flower...a butterfly
And what's that thing above your eye?

Like a tree from winter grows
Blossoms, colors, wind that blows...
Maybe pictures, scenery...
I guess we'll have to wait and see

Because it's logical, of course,
To see a birdie or a horse
Spring from tail onto your sides...
Imagine greatly my surprise!

But that's OK because I know
The painter and I know the show...
And how she put you on this earth
Through lovely painting and her mirth!

Kitty, Kitty standing tall
You don't look so bad at all!
I'd like to take you home with me...
At least a picture - if you please?

by Karen Elizabeth Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment