Saturday, January 09, 2016

Day 9 - Love - Thirty Paintings in Thirty Days Challenge

This bunny was THE HARDEST, so far, to paint. I struggled for hours and hours, until he finally looked "right".

Then HeWhoIsNotAnArtist walked by and declared that the bunny doesn't look like he represents "Love"... that he isn't soft or gentle looking.

Here is what I told him: that there is another side to Love.

Love is not wimpy. It is strong

It is not always pink flowers, hearts and chocolates.

It is speaking with kindness when you don't feel like it.
It is being patient when you feel like smacking someone up side the head.
It is getting up in the night when you're dog tired because someone needs help.
It is giving when you don't FEEL like it. Giving your time, your care, your love.

So hurray for the strong bunny! The strong colors! The strong expression!

Real Love IS strong.







"Love"
by Retta Stephenson

4x4 inch acrylic on wrapped canvas
$30 includes it's own FREE wooden 
mini display easel and 
FREE shipping in the continental US

(other locations please email artbyretta@gmail.com 
for shipping costs) 


These mini art paintings are being sold on a first come first served basis, so anyone interested please email me at artbyretta@gmail.com with any questions. If you'd like this Loving rabbit to come and live with you, simply click on the Button above (you don't need a Paypal account).

I was glad HeWhoIsNotAnArtist shared his first impression with me about the Love Bunny. Especially since HE is my best example of a strong and loving man. So that's why I took his advice to be sure to explain WHY I chose this bunny and this color scheme to represent Love. :-)

Thanks for visiting,

Retta



PS: I invite you to watch my daily Facebook posts for photos of my bunnies, where I'm putting them all together in a Facebook photo album. 

2 comments:

  1. What you expressed here comes from your own experiences. That's why the painting works. Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you are right, Karen. Definitely from my own experiences! Thank you so much.

      Delete