Thursday, May 11, 2017

My Myrtlewood Memories

Around 20 years ago I was busy creating art on gorgeous myrtlewood plates and plaques. They were wildly popular with tourists along the Oregon coast, and I had a hard time keeping up with the demand. 

Imagine my delight to find an old cache of photographs from "the old days"! 

Sorry for the poor photo quality, but I sure had fun with memories of trying to design images to fit with all the weird and lovely grain of the natural wood.

The design was first burned on with a woodburner. Next color was added with colored pencils, which were then burnished to make the colors richer.

Here are a few of them (can click images to enlarge):










Hope you enjoyed seeing these as much I did rediscovering them!


Retta

1 comment:

  1. Your paintings are beautiful. No wonder they sold well. I think my favourites are the last two because they have a shell like quality but they're all gorgeous.

    Love Anne

    ReplyDelete