Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Drawing Animals is Fun!


Week 5 of Sketchbook Skool was about Drawing Animals. The first part was practice using toy animals (they'll hold still for you!). I used some little Schleich Toy Animals for my practice. 

I was so busy concentrating I didn't even notice til the end that Meerkat and Bunny had switched places. Oops! (can click on images to enlarge)



Toy Animals
9 x 12 sketchbook; ink, colored pencil, 
watercolor pencils, white gel pen


Next came drawing LIVE animals. Yeah, right. Easier said than done! Joey, my Mini-schnauzer girl has 2 speeds: Greased Lightening and Asleep. 

So...where's my longhair calico, Butterfly?? Aha! Asleep on my bed... perfect.





Live Animal Drawing
9 x 12 sketchbook; colored pencil, watercolor
pencil, white gouache, ink for lettering



Happy sketching,

Retta

No comments:

Post a Comment