Friday, July 03, 2015

Flashback Friday: Little Cat, Big Dreams

I started this blog in 2005, so thought it would be fun to re-visit some of those older posts that are buried under layers of time.



For our first flashback let's visit November of 2005:


Little Cat, Big Dreams


 (can click on any pics to enlarge)

Butterfly was a rescued kitty. She almost died, but with love and care, and her own spunky personality, she made it.

She was my inspiration for the painting I did on this 3ft tall fiberglass cat-shaped sculpture. It was a fundraiser for C.A.T.S. (Committed Alliance To Strays) called "Pawsing for Art". Sold at auction for $1100!!






The colors are more vibrant in person, but you get the general idea!

Thanks for reading,

Retta

PS: Now you know where the image at the top of my blog comes from! :-)

4 comments:

  1. I remember when you painted this dazzling sculpture. It WAS better in person, but this brings back to me just how talented you have been for a very long time. The auction was a perk for you to watch and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you Karen.

      Delete
  2. It's stunning. Glad you kept on with your dreams. Doing what makes us happy is a huge victory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Mary, I appreciate that.

      Delete