Friday, April 28, 2006

My Inspiration


I thought I might share my inspiration for this years painted cat statue.

First, some background. The painted fiberglass statues, painted by local artists (from the Rogue Valley, Oregon) are to be auctioned off at a fundraiser for C.A.T.S. (Committed Alliance to Strays), a wonderful cat rescue organization (See Link to C.A.T.S. on right side of blog).

My first painted statue was last year, and the inspiration for the design was from Butterfly, my rescued calico kitty. She almost died, but was spunky and determined to live. The first statue was titled: "Little Cat, Big Dreams" and the scenes included a lion, white tiger, and a jaquar.

When I started sketching the design for this year's statue, Butterfly had just turned one year old. She had just experienced, for the very first time, all four seasons. What a hoot! She is an indoor kitty, but can go outside into an enclosed, protected pen to experience grass, dirt, weather,rain, snow, sounds and smells...and of course, track in mud and drag in her favorite toys: leaves!

So, this year's statue is titled: Little Cat's 4 Season Fantasy, and will again feature the Big Cats of Butterfly's dreams, the lion, white tiger, and jaguar.

As you can probably tell, I adore my kittys. I hope you enjoy following along with this project as much as I enjoy creating it!

Happy painting,
Loretta
=^..^=

No comments:

Post a Comment